The American Southwest has long been one of the most consistently beautiful places in not just America, but the world. This was still considered the frontier not more than a century ago, and the landscapes remain as wild and adventurous as ever. From the most magnificent national parks in the Southwestern United States is Zion, Bryce, and The Grand Canyon.
This 5-day RV road trip will encompass those three parks in an unearthly camping experience.
Our group will be traveling with three 2018 bunkhouse RVs, which each one has six separate beds. (Linen is included).
The day trips will be visiting different National Parks each day and taking 3-4 hr. moderate hikes carrying daypacks with lunch and water. Nights will be camping in our RVs in various campgrounds in the region.
October 25 – 29, 2020 (Landing 6 AM on October 30th)
Sunday, 8 AM – departure from Newark
Friday, 6 AM – arrival in one of the NYC airports
- Led by Rabbi Zev Freundlich
– 25 years experienced Backpacking Guide and Wilderness Survivalist
– Menahel of Yeshiva Shaarei Arazim of Monsey
– Founder of Yaalozu Wilderness Survival Camp
- Limited to 23 slots
- All-inclusive including flights*- $1300
- When registering, please make sure to include your cell phone number and email address that you can be reached at for timely updates
*Anyone who joins within two 2 weeks before the trip will need to pay an extra $100 for flight differentiation
- 2 pairs of comfortable sneakers and/or walking shoes.
- Average daily temp. is 60, night temp. can go down in the 40-30s.
- Comfortable hiking clothes; preferably non-cotton.
- Rain jacket.
- Pillow, although they do supply linen, blankets, sheets, and comforter covers.
- Siddur, Tallis, Tefillin, Seforim.
- Personal hygiene, teeth hygiene, towel, soap, shampoo. Please note: In order to get the fullness of being in the wilderness, we will not always be sleeping in campgrounds with showers. (ie. in a desert or canyon somewhere) nonetheless, we will try to accommodate showers every other night.
- Warm sweatshirt, and/or warm jacket, sleeping, and/or lounge clothing and lounge footwear.
- Optional: hiking pole, camelback, or other hydration systems. TeamCorp will be supplying hiking caps and wool hats.
- All food and food preparation items
- Large Day Backpacks (if you need)
- Survival Knives
8:00 am – Flight from Newark
12:00 pm – land in Las Vegas
1:00 pm – Pick up RV
2:00 pm – Food and gear stock up
5:00 pm – Valley of Fire
9:00 pm – Arrive in Zion National Park
10:00 am – Zion Canyon Overlook
11:00 am – Hike The Narrows
1:00 pm – Hike Walter wiggles (beginning of Angel’s Landing)
5:00 pm – Camp in Zion area
10:00 am – Drive to Bryce Canyon Nation Park
11:00 am – Hike into the canyon
5:00 pm – Camp in the Bryce area
10:00 am – Drive to Sedona, Arizona
12:00 pm – Horseshoe Bend
2:00 pm – Hike in Redrock Arizona
4:00 pm – Arrive in Coconino National Park
5:00 pm – Camping in Sedona desert
4:00 am – Drive to Grand Canyon National Park, South Rim
6:00 am – Daven and eat
8:30 am – Hike into the canyon on the Kaibab trail
1:30 pm – Leave the Canyon
5:00 pm – Hoover Dam
7:00 pm – Arrive at LV airport
10:00 pm – Flight to NYC airports
6:00 am – Landing